How To Do Effective B2B Lead Generation
How To Do Effective B2B Lead Generation
B2B lead generation is about bringing potential customers to your website and converting them into leads, contacts, and clients. This can be challenging for both B2B marketers and salespeople, but there are some best practices that can make your life easier. It is not as daunting as many people think, so start your journey by considering the following:
Consider Conversions And Conversion Rates
Conversion rate is the percentage of visitors who take the desired action. If a website has 10,000 visitors and 100 of them buy something, then that site has a 10% conversion rate (10/1,000 = 0.1). Conversion rates vary widely depending on the industry and company you are selling to. A clothing retailer may have a much higher conversion rate than an insurance company or service provider—it all depends on your product and audience’s preferences.
A few things can help improve your B2B lead generation conversion rate: make sure that the visitor can find what they’re looking for quickly; limit distractions like pop-ups, social media buttons, and other stuff that might divert attention away from completing the goal; provide useful information about products/services so people know what to expect before going through checkout steps; use email marketing campaigns as often as possible to remind prospects why they should do business with you.
Write Great Content For Your Website
If you are the kind of person who likes to write, this is a fantastic opportunity for you. If not, no worries! You can still help out by making sure that your content is clear and concise. Writing great content for your website will always attract visitors, especially if you focus on providing value by solving problems for members of your audience,
Whether you are writing about yourself or about one of your products/services—or even if it is just an article about something relevant to your industry—the goal of all good B2B lead generation content is to connect with your audience. This means making sure that whatever words are coming out of their mouths are ones that people want to hear from companies like yours.
Use Blog Posts And Articles
Content marketing is a terrific way to build trust, credibility, and authority in your industry and has been used as part of a B2B lead generation strategy for many years. If you are not blogging yet, now is the time to start! Blog posts are also a wonderful way to generate leads by providing value-driven content that educates prospects on topics related to your business.
When writing blog posts or articles, make sure they are relevant to what your prospects want (and what they need). You want them to read your content instead of skipping past it because it does not seem like something they would be interested in at all. This can be done by creating an editorial calendar where you plan out all of the topics or themes that will be covered each month so there is not any guesswork involved when creating new pieces of content for future blogs or articles.
Optimize New Content For Conversions
Optimize all your latest content for conversions and this undoubtedly will result in better B2B lead generation.
When you are ready to optimize your blog posts, follow these two steps:
- Determine the keywords you want to rank for and draft an article that includes those terms in a natural way. A good rule of thumb is to use them at least once per paragraph. Write about something that is relevant to your audience’s interests—but avoid over-optimizing or “keyword stuffing,” which will turn off Google search spiders and make it harder for readers to find your site.
- After you post, check your analytics dashboard regularly so you can see how many visitors are coming from organic searches (instead of paid ads). If there are no visitors coming organically yet, consider investing money into paid advertising on Google Ads or another platform. Keep on doing this, until your B2B lead generation improves and people start finding their way back home!
Optimize Existing Pages For Conversions
It is important to keep your landing pages as optimized as possible. These pages are where you want customers to take action, so it is critical that they are well-designed and easy to understand.
- Use a landing page optimization tool: There are many tools available for optimizing your site’s page design, including Unbounce and Optimizely. These services allow you to quickly create custom landing pages that meet your needs and track their effectiveness.
- Use heatmaps: Heatmaps allow you to see where users click on your site or app, which can help identify areas of improvement in user experience and ultimately better B2B lead generation. There are many heatmap tools available online; one popular option is available from CrazyEgg.com so please try it.
Re-optimize And Re-Purpose Old Content
Re-optimize and re-purpose old content is quite important.
Re-purposing content is a wonderful way to achieve higher visibility for your business and brand, as well as increase the number of people who see it. However, this will not deliver new leads if you simply republish an old blog post on LinkedIn or social media. You must optimize the existing content with fresh ideas, better supporting facts or figures, or a unique perspective. This is not only good for B2B lead generation but could also help your target market overcome an obstacle in their professional lives—and then share it again (or try another platform).
Another option is to create new articles using information from an existing piece of content. If you have ever read an article that has inspired you but did not provide enough information for what you needed at that time, consider adapting it into another format (eBook). This can supply all your needs when they arise in future years and will do absolute wonders for your B2B lead generation!
Use Links In Your Blog Posts To Other Websites
Use links in your blog posts to other websites.
This should be a no-brainer when it comes to B2B lead generation, but it is important that you don’t forget to include links in your blog posts. You can link to the following:
- Your own website (of course!)
- Other blogs and websites you would like to share with your readers
- Social media sites you think may be relevant for this particular topic or post – especially if there are any Twitter chats happening around it! This will help drive traffic back to their profile page.
- Resources that are relevant or could apply to the topic at hand – including other articles, videos, and images too!
- As well as infographics (which we will talk about later on)
Create More Than Just Blog Posts And Articles
- Create more than just blog posts and articles.
- Use video, infographics, podcasts, and eBooks.
- Host webinars and white papers.
- Give away relevant content in the form of case studies and newsletters.
As you can see from this list, there are many ways to implement your B2B lead generation strategy and marketing tactics – but there is one thing every one of them has in common: they all involve giving away valuable information for free! It is well-known that “The Power of Free” is highly contagious and very effective for lead generation of any sort.
Create More Than One Form Of Content From A Single Idea Or Concept
In addition to creating more than one form of content from a single idea or concept, you should also create a variety of content. It is important to have multiple options for your B2B lead generation audience so they can find the right type of information at the right time. Asking yourself “what are my prospects looking for?” will help you determine which format is best. You may have customers who want an infographic with lots of data and others who want short videos with expert interviews. The key is knowing what works for your audience and providing it in different formats so that everyone can consume what they prefer.
A Well-Thought Out Content Strategy Is Essential For B2B Lead Generation
A well-thought-out content strategy is essential for B2B lead generation. You do not have to create a lot of new content, but you do need to make sure that what you do create is relevant and valuable. Here are some of the ways that you can use your existing content in a way that will generate more leads:
- Re-use your blog posts as emails or even send them out as free reports.
- Use old interviews in new articles by interviewing someone who has been interviewed by you previously (make sure they agree first). Distribute this through social media or email newsletters with links back to their own website where it says, “Click here for more information about [insert topic].”
If you want to accelerate your B2B lead generation, it is time to start creating some great content. This will help you build a relationship with your audience and position yourself as an authority in your niche. It will also enable people who need what you have to find you!